Skip to content
FAQ for Physio Online Consultations
Is my injury suitable for an online Physiotherapy consultation?
- The majority of musculoskeletal injuries or issues are suitable for physio online consultations, but if we determine that your situation is not at all suitable for an online consultation by a Physiotherapist, we’ll let you know, and refund the cost of the consultation.
- If you’re unsure whether your injury is suitable for a consultation or not, send us an email, and we will let you know!
Do I need a referral to use your service?
- No, you do not need a referral to have a Physiotherapy consultation with us.
How can a physio diagnose my injury if they haven’t touched me?
- You may not be aware of this but even during face-to-face consultations, the physio will have an idea of what’s going on when you explain your story at the beginning of the consultation (this is called the ‘subjective assessment’).
- Well-structured questions can discover information about your injury/issue, without touching you. At the end of this questioning, the Physio should already have a very clear idea of your probable diagnosis.
- Movement and special tests along with your feedback can then confirm and clarify this diagnosis.
- If we’re ever unsure of your diagnosis, or feel you’ll need further investigations, we’ll not hesitate to discuss this with you and the options available.
How can online physio treat my injury without touching me?
- Most people’s traditional view of Physiotherapy is that it involves “hands-on” treatment. In reality, this is only a small portion of what Physios do to assist with injury management.
- Here’s a list of things we can help you with:
- Educating you about your condition
- Improved confidence with what you can/can’t do
- Peace of mind
- You’ll be able to identify contributing factors from your lifestyle
- You’ll get a structured and tailored exercise program
- Over the last 5 to 10 years, Physiotherapy has moved away from a reliance on complex machines and manual techniques, and towards rehabilitation programs carried out under guidance. This puts you in much more control of your own recovery. Research has shown that outcomes can, in fact, be better through online consultation, due to the empowering nature of the system.
- Naturally, if we feel you have an injury that requires “hands-on” Physiotherapy, we will let you know!
You have given me exercises to do, but I’m not sure if I’m doing them right
- The wonders of modern technology open up a whole world of possibility, using email, photos or video to check on how you’re doing. Please let us know as soon as you can if you’re unsure of the exercises so we can check and set you straight if needed.
What payment methods are available
- We use the Stripe system for payments. Credit card payments can be processed through Stripe without you having to sign up for an account if you don’t want to. Credit card payments through Stripe clear instantly, meaning we can get started on your Consultation straight away. Please understand that we cannot commence work on your consultation until these payments are cleared.
Do I need any specific operating system or browser to undertake my consultation?
- We tailor your consultation to the equipment and bandwidth that you have available. If there are any difficulties, we will work with you until they are resolved. If you can view this page, you can successfully carry out an online consultation. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this.
Can I get a health insurance rebate for a physio online consultation?
- Insurance companies are starting to provide rebates for online health consultations in some circumstances.
- Please contact your private health insurance provider if they are happy to provide rebates for online physiotherapy consultations.
- You may need to pay for the consultation up-front and send the invoice to the private health company afterwards. We’ll provide you with a receipt.