What’s all this about HIIT I’m hearing about?
HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training is a form of training that involves a quick burst of activity followed by a longer bout of rest.
The solution to fat burning might seem complex, but with proper dieting and exercise, you’ll be able to burn any bit of weight you put on. Let’s look at the exercise portion of fat burning. The exercises you can do are a lot simpler than you’d think! One type of exercise routine, in particular, HIIT, is effective for not only fat burning, but optimal physical fitness.
As you progress into more advanced stages of HIIT, you might rest for the same amount of time that you worked out in. An example of this would be a 45-second sprint, followed by a 45-second walk or slow jog. If you repeat this even ten times, you’re benefiting your body in more ways than you’d think.
What Kinds of Exercises can be Performed?
Here are a few types of workouts that are often performed during HIIT routines. If you follow the format of high intensity followed by a short rest perio, you can derive all the benefits of this form of training, from exercises such as these:
– It’s one of the best ways to give your body a cardiovascular workout.
– There isn’t any place you can’t do HIIT unless you’re working out with specific equipment.
– The perfect workout for people who have busy schedules.
– Great for every muscle in your body!
– Recent evidence suggests HIIT can rejuvenate ageing cells.
– It can be easy to forget about your technique, especially when you’re pushing yourself to the limit during every cycle of your training. Loss of technique can lead to injury.
– If you aren’t following the HIIT format specifically, you won’t glean the benefits of this truly remarkable form of exercise.
– HIIT can’t, usually, be utilised for specific sports training.
Choosing Your HIIT Exercise
Choosing the type of exercise that you want to incorporate into your HIIT training is based on the type of muscular growth that you want to experience. If you want to improve your speed, for instance, you might focus the bulk of your routine on sprinting or jump squats.
One thing to keep in mind, however, is that the intensity of the workout regimen will inevitably give you a great cardiovascular workout. You might as well incorporate exercises into your HIIT routine that challenge muscles you’ve never used before!
As with any form of exercise, flexibility is incredibility important. Consider incorporating a series of yoga and Pilates routines into your workout, to give your HIIT a muscle-healthy complement.