Why use the massage gun on the calf?
There are many options out there for a massage so you may be wondering why you’d use a massage gun.
You’ll find out in this video some of the reasons why we think a massage gun is useful to target the calf muscle.
Watch the video or read more below:
Why Use the Massage Gun on the Calf?
- The foam roller and/or massage ball can be too sore for you i.e. there’s too much pressure going into the muscle
- The foam roller is difficult to use because your shoulders aren’t strong enough to hold you up, so you can’t effectively target the calf
- You can vary the intensity when using the massage gun:
- Either increase or decrease the speed on the massage gun
- Or change the pressure of the massage gun on the calf (the harder you press the massage gun into the calf, the more uncomfortable it can be)
- You might not be comfortable getting a massage from somebody else, you’d rather do it on your own at home
Book an Online Physio Appointment
Confused with what to try and do to help? Book an online physio appointment with us so you can get more individual and tailored advice as to your next steps. You’ll explain what’s been going on and will get advice on where to go from here and which steps to take.
The booking button is at the top of this page.
If you liked this exercise video, watch our videos on YouTube. Don’t forget to Like and Subscribe!
Trying out different exercises is key to improving and maintaining the body’s flexibility, which in turn can help with recruiting muscles efficiently.
If you’ve got any questions on the above, then please let us know (click for contact details).
Remember – Listen to Your Body!
Please remember to listen to your body. Get any aches and pains checked out sooner rather than later.
As with all information given for exercises and exercise programs, when using our exercise videos or information, please use your common sense and don’t do anything that will hurt you. By performing any fitness exercises, you are performing them at your own risk. PhysioFit Health will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of information shared on our website or YouTube channel. This includes emails, videos, and text. Thanks for your understanding.
© PhysioFit Health